Friday, January 15, 2010

January 14, 2010 (day late argh)

Tell your brain a story. For some reason when you sit there and make up stories about people or things that surround you , it entices your brain to feed you more ideas. So try it! Whereever you are ; work, airport, grocery store, even watching crappy ads on the crappy TV. Look at one of those Gap or Old Navy ads with folks dancing and singing, pick out one who looks interesting, what do you think they do outside of acting, create an imaginary life for them.
It is best to do this exercise while people watching(i love the airport!) My fav is when people argue.i mean it sucks they are arguing but my brain starts coming up with all sorts of scenarios of their past , present, and future life and it really gets that creative part of my brain cooking and while I feed it this silly story it rewards me with great ideas later. I know it sounds silly, but hey it works and if your a writer, this is an especially helpful exercise for character building.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to share!