Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 19, 2010

One of the biggest reasons many of us find ourselves creatively blocked is self censorship.This often comes from a fear of revealing too much . You might be nervous someone will find out something or see a part of you that you didn't want to share. We have to get over this though and choose to open up. It isn't good to keep things locked up inside you and you can't move on from them without releasing them. If it is something you totally don't want to share  then burn it afterwards! (obviously as long as it is safe) I often write things out or draw things that I need to get out but don't really want to share and then I put them in a fire pit or fire safe bowl and burn them. It really feels like a good purging.
Now sometimes our fears are irrational and may be something we should share with others like for example I was scared to do this blog becuase I didn't want to come across like a goober and actually didn't tell people I knew that I was doing it at first. I had to get over that and remember that even though I may not be a great writer, if these tips helped me then hopefully they can help someone else.And there ya go, just do it.
(heck you may luck out like me and no one will read or look at your art anyway, but that doesn't matter becuase you are doing this for your self first, not others)Okay no I have babbled, but you get it, FEAR NOT and do not censor yourself! it causes creative constipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking time to share!